What is Generator Remote Monitoring?
Generator Remote Monitoring is simply this…electronically monitoring your emergency power system around the clock.
Benefits of Monitoring
What would happen if your generator did not work? The consequences could be severe. Looking at your generator every second of the day significantly reduces the chances of the system not working as it should. Some of the key benefits you receive from implementing this level of service are:
- Improved Reliability - The definition of reliability in our business is simply this…The power goes out and the emergency power system works. Monitoring the system 24/7 tracks the current status of the emergency power system, monitors the exercise cycles and provides instant alerts to problems.
- Confidence and Peace of Mind - Know with confidence the system is ready for the next power outage and will work when needed.
- Fast, Proactive Service Response - By receiving alarm notifications via email and/or text, our system will alert you and our dispatch team to any generator fault conditions allowing us to respond more quickly to your needs and to minimize down time. Alerts are sent to as many people as you like.
- Reporting - Monitored events are time & date stamped and can provide daily, weekly and/or monthly automated activity reports, sent directly to you via email.
- User Portal - You receive your very own user log in to monitor and track your equipment at any time. We will take care of all of the monitoring and reporting for you, but you will also have complete access to monitor and track your equipment and data.
- Decreased Cost of Ownership - Monitoring a generator actually helps decrease the overall cost of ownership. This may seem contradictory. However, small problems can be fixed before they become big problems, thereby reducing major repair costs. The most significant cost is if the generator does not work during a power outage!
How It Works
Generator remote monitoring includes two basic components, the monitoring system connected to your equipment and the user interface software platform.
We install an electronic monitoring system that connects directly to your generator to monitor the key activities and events that occur, including fault events that may keep your generator from operating during a power outage. Some of the key features of the equipment are:
- A variety of device solutions from basic event monitoring to advanced data collection
- Solutions for permanently installed systems or mobile generators with GPS tracking
- Ultra-secure and reliable cellular or satellite connectivity that transports the data to our platform
User Interface Software
Our monitoring platform provides you and our service support team with instant access to the status of your equipment as well as alert notifications via email and/or text. Some of the other key features of our platform include:
- Web based software accessible anywhere with multi-level security access
- Real time status including mapping and tracking
- Alerts and notifications sent via email and/or text
- Standard and custom reports, automatically sent via email daily, weekly and/or monthly
Why Customers are Adding this Service
Your emergency power system is one of the most critical systems that you have, and you rely on this system to provide a very important and essential service. The advancements in available technology now allow us to provide very cost-effective monitoring solutions that were formerly too expensive to consider for most applications.